City Clerk's Office
City Clerk - Roberta Cline
Deputy Clerk - Tammy Gillis
Human Resource Assistant - Melissa Hauger
Information on elections
Services provided by the City Clerk Office:
- registers voters
- maintains official city records
- provides City Council agenda and minutes
- maintains meeting minutes for all City boards and commissions
- receives nominating petitions for verification for Mayor and City Council offices.
- accepts and processes applications for City boards and commissions
- conducts elections
- provides records and documents requested under the Freedom of Information Act
- sells street, precinct and zoning maps and voter labels
- copy and distribute ordinances
- conducts the hiring and promotional process for the City of Big Rapids Municipal Offices
- reviews and forwards City documents for recording
- processes the City's incoming and outgoing mail
- provides legal notices and processes bid packets for large purchases
- serves as the City's public information office
- responsible for the conversion of paper documents into the document imaging system
- acts as the City's Personnel office.
- administers programs including Quality of Work Life, Employee Education and Development,
Labor & Employee Relations, Human Resource Planning, and Equal Opportunity reporting.
The City Clerk, Roberta Cline, is also the City's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
official. The FOIA is a set of rules that governs the production of public
information from requests by citizens, corporations and other bodies of government.